Here’s how this works…
This is lengthy but informative, so please read this entire thing if you’re planning to book with me!
* Usually fundraisers are $35 per painter.
* $20 of that goes to me. The remaining $15 will go toward your cause. (although you’re welcome to set your own price as long as I get my agreed upon $20 each.)
* For local classes (within or close-to the Huntingdon County area), I usually ask for a MINIMUM of 15 painters for a fundraiser. If I’m traveling further, I may require more participants or need to adjust the price accordingly. So far, the maximum number of painters I’ve handled is 70 so bring it on, you guys!
* If you have less than 15 painters, the remainder of my fee will need to be subtracted from your profits. This is a newer rule & one I disliked having to add… unfortunately it’s become necessary after numerous let downs & me being too timid to enforce my own policies. I’d be happy to discuss any concerns with you. I do not travel for less than 10 painters. (I know, I know. I’m such a diva.)
* Painting selection is up to you. I have an album of choices here on my website for you to browse & choose from. They’re on my facebook page too. Sometimes I take special requests if you have a certain idea in mind & I have time to create it. I don’t like copying another artist’s work but have no problem creating my own version of that idea.
* My weekend spots are usually the 1st to go. Keep this in mind when attempting to book my services. Several weeks notice is best if you have a certain date in mind. 1st come, 1st served.
* Once you look over my policies & agree to these terms, we can discuss dates/specifics in further detail & select your painting. Once all that is settled, I’ll make an ad/invitation for you to share. I typically ask these questions:
*Classes usually take around 2 hours. I need about 30-40 mins to set up my supplies (depending on class size) and the same amount of time to pack up.
*Reserve & pay for the event’s location.
* Arrange tables/seating before I arrive & lay out table coverings if you’d like them. (not required)
* Provide refreshments if desired.
* Handle all R.S.V.P.s & collect all payments. You pay me at the end of the event.
BTW: With the convenient addition of this website, I also now have the ability to create sale links online. Not everyone chooses to take advantage of this option & that’s fine, but the service is available if you find it helpful. This way people can pay YOU (either with cash or check) OR they can prepay to RSVP though ME. I keep an organized guest list & check in with you periodically as RSVP’s roll in. I bring that money with me on the day of the event & turn it over to you.
* If you’d like actual prints of the ad I design for you, that task is up to you. Take it to a local print shop OR I can make an alternate, more printer-friendly version with less color for you to print at home. Just ask!
* Some people like actual, physical TICKETS to sell to guests instead of just keeping a list. It’s not requested often, but if you DO make that request, I can make those too if you want. Again… just ask.
* I provide the canvas, (usually 11×14 unless we’ve discussed otherwise), step-by-step instruction, & all other materials, (acrylic paint, easels, brushes, aprons, rags, cups, etc)
* Design an ad & share that ad on my Bluebird Designs facebook page & website (unless you don’t want me to. I’ll be sure to ask.)
*Create a link for online sales IF YOU WANT THAT (As stated above… I keep an organized list & bring you that money on the day of the event)
* PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR GUESTS TO PREPAY!! This is for your benefit & mine. A lesson I had to learn the hard way. People have commitment issues & will leave you hangin’ every time if you let them. In order for us BOTH to be organized & prepared for your event, we need a reliable head count. Be strict. Blame the mean artist-lady if you need to!
* All ages & skill levels are welcome. I just ask that any young children be supervised.
* Same price for kids & adults.
* I have a rewards program (paint with me 4 times and the 5th is free). I also sell gift certificates. If any of your guests tell you theirs is free, please save their card: you still get your money, I just don’t get mine. (we can discuss at your party if there’s any confusion.)
*For the first couple of years doing this, I didn’t have a cancellation policy in place… that’s because I’ve never needed one! So far, weather has been very cooperative, I’ve not had anything more than a sniffle, & any family emergencies or surgeries have been gracious enough to wait for a day off to strike… however… LIFE HAPPENS when you least expect, so it would probably be wise to prepare. (I have 2 boys & not much family around here, after all) So here’s the plan….
*If I need to cancel on you due to sickness, family emergency, or inclement weather, we will simply reschedule.
**Anyone who has already prepaid will automatically have a place reserved in the next class. If they are unable to attend that newly selected date, they will receive a Bluebird Designs gift certificate to paint with me at a future event of their choosing. (flexible in certain situations… we’ll cross that bridge when we get there!)
**If it is ME who cancels on YOU due to my own unforeseen circumstances… when you DO reschedule, we can reverse the fees. That means I would get $15 and YOU would get $20. (this does NOT apply if it’s a mutual decision to cancel because of terrible weather! I can’t control Mother Nature. She’s insane.)
I’m sorry this list is so long! Keep in mind that I’m STILL way more relaxed than most other businesses who provide similar services. I do not demand a down payment or make you sign a contract (even though a responsible business lady probably would!) So…. you know… be cool, you guys! Ok? Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I’ll certainly try my best to accommodate your needs! Thank you so much for your interest! Let’s paint!
Rebecca Reck * (814)448-3664 * BluebirdDesignsByBex@gmail.com